Iphone Theft Ring
Reported by KGO
(ABC San Francisco)
Iphone Theft Ring
Reported by KABC
Michael K. Cernyar Discusses Annoying Copyright Alert System
On October 22, 2012, California Cyber Attorney Michael Cernyar discusses the downside of the new Copyright Alert System on the Piracy page of E-Commerce Times. For more: http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/76448.html
Michael K. Cernyar Discusses Web Scamming
On October 3, 2012, Los Angeles Cyber Crime Attorney Michael Cernyar discusses tech support scamming on the Cybersecurity page of Tech News World. For more: http://www.technewsworld.com/story/76306.html
-- Television Anchorman Contacts Our Firm To Stop Damaging Internet Reputation Postings
-- Client's Previous Attorney Tells Client He Must Take The Plea Agreement
-- Client Is Federally Charged With Pirating Major Motion Pictures & Software
Station Terminates Anchorman Because Of Internet Stalker Damaging Client's Reputation
Stalker is contacting television stations where anchorman is employed and defames anchorman. It takes several months to locate the stalker and put an end to the anchorman's nightmare.
Client Is Told It Is In His Best Interest To Plea To 8 Counts Of Unauthorized Access
Client is accused of accessing a physician's account and depleting it of tens of thousands of dollars. Client is advised to take a plea because the prosecution contends the system logs implicate him. Client retains our firm. We proceed with the tedious and time-consuming task of reviewing thousands of pages of the system log. In Perry Mason fashion, our firm discovers the culprit and reports it to the district attorney who subsequently drops all eight counts against our client.
Client Is Charged With Federal Piracy Crimes
Client is accused of piracy involving software, electronic games, and commercial films while employed at major motion picture studio. Client faces confinement in a federal penitentiary. We get the federal government to dismiss all felony charges.
Los Angeles Internet Attorney & Cyber Crime Lawyer
sometimes good people find themselves in unpleasant situations
Michael K. Cernyar is the Internet Attorney who is equally adept at pursuing perpetrators and defending his clients. The anonymity of the Internet generates a haven for lawbreakers who perpetrate their deception by disappearing into cyberspace, often disguising themselves with stolen identities or hiding behind fabricated personas. Michael Cernyar is not your typical Internet lawyer since he has more than 30 years in computer/Internet investigations and more than 10 years as an Internet attorney. He has a reputation for successfully investigating, defending and prosecuting seemingly impossible cases.
- "When I thought my case was impossible, Michael came to the rescue. His knowledge of internet forensics is beyond impressive. I cannot thank him and his team enough for all of their hard work." -- Posted on Avvo by recent client
- "Unfortuantely I was in a situation where I needed to hire Michael Kevin Cernyar regarding cybercrime that happened to me personally. Mr. Cernyar was very knowledgable in this field and had my case rectified and closed within weeks. I highly recommend Michael Kevin Cernyar." -- Posted on Avvo by recent client
OUTSTANDING INTERNET REPUTATION
- This firm represents both plaintiffs and defendants since law enforcement is rarely active with investigating Internet fraud, online reputation matters, stolen cell phones, stolen identity issues, and other digital matters.
- More than 30 years of experience in Internet/computer investigations & analysis - far, far longer than many law enforcement investigators.
- Nominated by the Cochran Firm as its best defense lawyer in 2005.
- Clients have included Microsoft, Shell Oil, Nestle's, Paramount Studios, Xerox, Verizon (then GTE), the County of Los Angeles, and the United States of America.
- Have represented clients throughout the United States, including Chicago, New York, Denver, San Francisco & Los Angeles and have had several international matters.
- Graduated from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, in 2001.
- Attended Purdue University, majoring in engineering and Long Beach State, majoring in economics. Plenty of math and science, no poli-sci.
- Member of the California Bar Association, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Central District Court of California, the Southern District Court of California, the Eastern District Court of California.
- Member of the Internet Attorney Association, Beverly Hills Bar Association, Los Angeles Bar Association, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the American Bar Association.
- Michael Cernyar is a hard working individual who as a high school sophomore would work the swing shift at a local factory on the southside of Chicago; sometimes pulling two shifts before returning to school the same morning
- As a high school senior he worked in a steel mill after school, putting in a minimum 40 hours a week while in school and still was academically ranked in the top 10% in the country
- Mr. Cernyar paid his own way through Purdue University
- He attended the evening program at Loyola Law School, while being employed full time at Paramount Studios as a consultant to the Y2K computer conversion
- Retained by television executive to remove from the Internet nude photographs from a website that claimed that the photographs would not be remove and that we had no jurisdiction because the website was located outside the United States. Although website was registered in Europe within hours of being retained we discovered that the person running the website was located in Colorado Springs and wasn't even close to who he claimed to be. Photographs were removed immediately from the Internet.
- Retained by college student to recover stolen cell phone that contained nude photographs. Found person who had cell phone within hours of being retained.
- Retained by professor to recover $120,000 she lost from an Internet dating scam.
- Retained by television anchorman who was maligned on the Internet and through email by a stalker, which cost anchorman several job opportunities. Stalker was found and anchorman is back televising in a major market.
- Assisted in the defense of a Chicago Police Officer who was accused of harassment of a superior officer. Proved alleged emails were not emails, but rather Word documents.
- All charges dismissed in Los Angeles Superior court for a client who was wrongfully accused of cyberstalking and Internet harassment. Proved all alleged emails were fake.
- All Internet fraud charges dismissed in preliminary hearing for client in Orange County Superior Court. Reviewed thousand of pages of system logs and discovered the real culprit, proved it to the prosecution and charges were dismissed.
- Retained by a healthcare professional to remove fake Facebook website and to remove sex videotapes of her on other Internet websites.
- Free Consultation
- Validate Parking
- Affordable fees
- Accepts major credit cards
WHO PUT THOSE COMPUTER / CYBER CRIMES INTO MY COOKIES?
Attorney Michael K. Cernyar is a Los Angeles, California lawyer who successfully takes on seemingly impossible cases. Since each situation is different, our firm represents both victims and defendants. Other law firms may pressure clients to make choices based upon what's best for the firm, at our firm your case is decided with choices best for you. We are not intimidated by digital evidence and no other attorney knows computer forensics and evidence better.
Computers and the Internet are the crime scene of the new milleneum. In computer crimes and cyber crime there is either: (1) a tremendous rush to judgment since many crimes are committed anonymously and the typical law enforcement officer does not understand computer forensics; or (2) law enforcement does not have the knowledge and/or time to competely investigate the computer crime, cyber crime and/or the Internet.
The typical attorney does not have the background and/or knowledge to successfully represent a person entangled in a computer crime, a cyber crime or an Internet crime. Someone affected by such crimes needs the expertise of a strong computer crime attorney.
HOW DO COMPUTER CRIMES AND CYBER CRIMES DIFFER?
Computer Crime refers to criminal activity that is digitally generated through the use of a computer. Cyber crime (cybercrime) and Internet crime typically involve a computer and the Internet or cyber space. Computer crimes, cyber crimes and Internet crimes can be long-established crimes using the computer as an instrument (i.e., embezzlement, fraud, scams, identity theft, stalking, etcetera) or modern crimes that began with the introduction of computers, networks, cyber space, and the Internet (i.e., hacking, phishing, pharming, software piracy, viruses, malware, etcetera). Computer crimes, cyber crimes and Internet crimes include various categories of criminal conduct.
The U.S. Department of Justice (i.e., the FBI, DEA, Secret Service, etcetera) categorizes computer crime, cyber crime and Internet crime into three general classifications: 1) The crime of obtaining computer hardware, peripherals, and software illegally; 2) Crimes that actually target the Internet or a computer network or cyber space or digital device, such as a cell phone, directly (Computer hacking; viruses; worms; Trojan horses; logic bombs; malware; sniffers; bots, spyware, etc.); and 3) Crimes committed through the use of the Internet or cyber space or networks or digital devices (hence the name cybercrime or cyberspace crime), although the crime committed does not target the actual Internet or cyber space or computer or the network (Fraud and identity theft: phishing and pharming scams; corporate espionage; embezzlement; copyright infringement with software, music piracy, movie piracy; cyber terrorism; child pornography trafficking, and more).
There are more than 40 federal statutes that govern the prosecution of computer-related crimes, as well as various state statutes. The Internet and cyber space is not necessarily involved in many of these computer crimes. Moreover, many times a computer crime has involved a cell phone or other digital instruments.
Attorney Michael Cernyar has over 30 years of experience in digital investigations. He is considered by many as being the leading attorney when it comes to cyber matters. As an cyber attorney he has appeared on television and in the print media as an leading authority on cyber crimes. Michael Cernyar has defended many involved in such crimes and has also been involved in many cyber investigations.